You know what is really sucky..? When someone thinks an interior designer only pick out pillows for a living. Son of a… NO! They do so much more than that!! And if you are contemplating whether or not to hire a designer for your upcoming project, read this and maybe meet with a designer. Then make your decision.
8 Reasons You Should Hire a Designer
P.S this is only a “short” list of reasons… I could go on. But I wont. You’re welcome.
- Discounts Y’All! – I like saving money, don’t you? Designers and contractors almost always get discounts on materials and products. Usually the amount depends on who, what, and where, but MOST of the time they will pass on the savings down to you. If they don’t it could be something that is already worked into your contract – so re read that shit.
- They know the best in town– They have their contractors and sub-contractors who know how to do the job right. And SHOW UP! Nothing is more frustrating when you’re counting on someone and they fall off the face of the planet.
- They keep you on focused – “Oooooh shiny!!” Said every girl, EVER. It’s so hard to not get distracted when there are countless options available for you (and so many shiny ones). An interior designer can reel you back in when all of a sudden you’ve had a revelation and you need this Swarovski crystal chandelier.
- They keep your wallet in check – Alright, so maybe you DO need the chandelier. Depending where you are on your project, your designer will be able to make some cuts here and there so you can have your beloved chandelier that is certainly going to light up your life. And if it isn’t in your crystal cards, maybe something half the price with all the sparkle will do just fine.
- WHAT RULES? – What a total buzz kill, I know right?! But they are SUPER important, and are in place for you and your guests safety. Building codes! And they are not taken lightly. Your designer knows them, even though they are always changing, and evolving (like I wished the dinosaurs did). If your designer doesn’t know what the flavor of the year is with a certain code, give them a minute! They will figure that shit out, and you wont be stuck reading pages of codes wishing an asteroid would hit the earth so you could end up like a dinosaur.
- They do your dirty work. Do you get embarrassed losing it on someone? Or do you just roll over and pay the extra fee when you know you shouldn’t? Guess what? You don’t have to do ANY of that when you hire a designer. They will be like your…. Chihuahua. Why a Chihuahua? Cause they might be small, cute as hell, but they are feisty! And they scare the shit outta people when they least expect it.
- They know materials– What’s the difference between ceramic and porcelain? Quartz and granite? Marble and slate? Sure.. you might be able to tell the difference when looking at them, but do you know the best application for each? Know how strong they are? Know their maintenance needs? No? #hireadesigner
- They’ve done this before – BIG surprise!! But seriously. There are all these unforeseen problems that you will figure are disasters and pop up out of NOWHERE. They will set back your schedule, set your wallet on fire, and make you pull your hair out just when you thought you were having a good hair day. But with someone experienced, this is just another walk in the park. They’ve seen this one before, and guess what? They’ve budgeted for this problem… wait, what problem!?
5 Signs You Need To Hire A Designer
- You’re new in town – that’s a whole hell of a lot of Yelp reviews to read…
- Your Pinterest board has every style for traditional to boho chic to ultra modern
- You’re already up to your armpits in work. Ye be warned. There is a lot of research and footwork that goes into a project. What is your coffee intake to date?
- You don’t have a clue where to start, what room, what surface, what the hell!
- You need things done by a certain date (OMG is that even possible?!?)
Well, that’s it for today. Hope you guys have an excellent Sunday and thanks for reading!